Echos of the Past
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Echos of the Past

Echos of the Past: a next generation Harry Potter RP site.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What to do? ((CLOSED))

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
MissTemper

MissTemper

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2007-05-27

What to do? ((CLOSED)) Empty
PostSubject: What to do? ((CLOSED))   What to do? ((CLOSED)) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2007 7:47 pm

Date: Thursday, September 4th
Private or open: Open

Charlotte Molly Weasley had never been one for patience. She got it from both her parents-although Ron and Hermione often liked to blame it on each other. So, now, here she was, impatiently tapping her foot against the stone, her brow furrowed in concentration. She was furiously trying to master a Transfiguration spell. It was designed to transfigure inanimate objects into animals. And so far all she'd managed to do was give the dratted stone bench cats' paws and ears. And now it was running around the courtyard-fast. Too fast for her to catch it. And she didn't want to try an Immobulus charm, because she was afraid she'd hit something else-like a bush or one of the first years that appeared to be darting around far too much for their own good.

So, now Charlotte had to be patient. She had to wait for the stupid bench to run itself out. She screamed silently in her head, frustrated beyond belief. She rarely had these spell problems. She was typically her mother's daughter-smart, with a great memory and ability to do spellwork. But some of her father's genes had trickled down after all, such as his weakness at Transfiguration.

"There has to be an easier way to do this..." the brunette said to herself as the bench-cat rolled around on the floor and then scratched one of its ears.

Last edited by on Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Taylor Hyde

Taylor Hyde

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2007-05-05

PostSubject: Re: What to do? ((CLOSED))   What to do? ((CLOSED)) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2007 12:25 pm

Taylor watched with mild amusement as she spotted a Gryffindor struggling to transfigure a stone bench into a cat. She continued to gaze at the brunette and could easily see that she was frustrated. "There has to be an easier way to do this..." she heard her mutter. "Actually there is." Taylor said walking towards her. With a flick of her wand the stone bench turned into a full cat, and with another flick, back into a stone bench. For Taylor, who adored trasfiguration, it wasn't too difficult to learn spells like this one. She looked back at the Gryffindor with a slight smirk on her face. "You take too long when you flick your wand." She said matter of factly. "It needs to be quick and tight."
Back to top Go down
MissTemper

MissTemper

PostSubject: Re: What to do? ((CLOSED))   What to do? ((CLOSED)) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2007 1:03 pm

Charlotte restrained a cutting response, and nodded in thanks.

"All right, I'll try that." she said instead, rolling up the sleeves of her school robes and then flicked her wand quicker with a tighter movement. Half of her wanted it to not work, to show the Slytherin girl that she wasn't that impressive at Transfiguration, and the other half wanted the spell to work perfectly because she hated not being good at something. The latter half of her was pleased, however, when the bench transfigured perfectly into the cat that the girl had previously transfigured it to be.

A smile spread across her face as she turned and said with real gratitude,

"Thanks, that spell has been bothering me since our first Transfiguration class." she looked a bit closer at the girl, realizing she didn't recognize her at all. This made sense, of course, since the girl was a Slytherin, but Charlotte got the impression that she was older than the girl, due to the fact that she was taller. So, she decided to do as her mother always recommended, and get rid of the old house rivalry. An idea she usually scorned with her father. "My name's Charlotte Weasley, by the way."
Back to top Go down
Taylor Hyde

Taylor Hyde

PostSubject: Re: What to do? ((CLOSED))   What to do? ((CLOSED)) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2007 4:16 pm

Taylor continued watching as the brunette reluctantly used her suggestion and, as she had said, it worked perfectly. "Thanks, that spell has been bothering me since our first Transfiguration class." she said with gratitude. "My name's Charlotte Weasley, by the way." Taylor had often thought about the old house differences, and personally, Taylor didn't care what house people belonged to, as long as they were a good friend, then it didn't matter.

She sat next to Charlotte and chuckled slightly. "Wow, there sure are a lot of Weasley's. I can only imagine what the family reunions are like." Taylor was slightly jealous of the large family but decided to keep quiet about it. "I'm Taylor Hyde" she added, extending her hand.
Back to top Go down
MissTemper

MissTemper

PostSubject: Re: What to do? ((CLOSED))   What to do? ((CLOSED)) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2007 12:54 pm

She laughed and shook Taylor's hand,

"Nice to meet you. And, yes, they're pretty crazy. Especially considering our family is quite famous for producing twins. I'm one myself, but luckily we're not identical. Our cousins though, are. Bit of a problem sometimes..." She shook her head as she remembered some of the trouble all of the Weasleys had gotten into in the past. "How about you? Had any crazy family reunions in your day?" she asked, deciding it was only polite to talk to Taylor about her family since Charlotte had just spoken a bit about her own.
Back to top Go down
Taylor Hyde

Taylor Hyde

PostSubject: Re: What to do? ((CLOSED))   What to do? ((CLOSED)) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2007 7:32 pm

"Nice to meet you. And, yes, they're pretty crazy. Especially considering our family is quite famous for producing twins. I'm one myself, but luckily we're not identical. Our cousins though, are. Bit of a problem sometimes..." Charlotte said as she accepted Taylor's hand and laughed. "How about you? Had any crazy family reunions in your day?" At this Taylor had a strange air of loneliness about her. "umm... no... I've never had a family reunion." she said. Taylor had never told anyone that she'd never known her family, mainly because she didn't want anyone to feel sorry for her. "So, do you play quiditch." Taylor said, changing the subject quickly and plastering a fake smile on her face.
Back to top Go down
MissTemper

MissTemper

PostSubject: Re: What to do? ((CLOSED))   What to do? ((CLOSED)) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2007 1:17 pm

Almost immediately, Charlotte had seemed to sense the change in Taylor's demeanor, she and silently began cursing herself for mentioning something to upset her. She had only known Taylor for what-five minutes? And she had just made her upset. Before she could apologize, the subject was quickly changed to Quidditch. Running a hand through her brown hair, she laughed slightly, as determined to lighten the mood as Taylor seemed to be.

"No, much to my father's charign. He played keeper in his day, and expected me to play Quidditch as well. I tried out, of course, but didn't make the team-after all, I was only a third year at the time. He was disappointed at first, but now he just makes sure I play during the summer. I think he secretly hopes I'll end up playing it after all," shaking her head with a smile, hoping the mention of her father wouldn't backfire on her, she then asked, "Do you play for your team? I'm sorry to say I rarely pay attention to the opposing teams in the Gryffindor matches." she gave Taylor and apologetic look.
Back to top Go down
Taylor Hyde

Taylor Hyde

PostSubject: Re: What to do? ((CLOSED))   What to do? ((CLOSED)) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2007 9:25 am

Satisfied with the new light mood and subject Taylor listened as Charlotte had told her of trying out in her third year, not making the team and how her father had played keeper. "Do you play for your team? I'm sorry to say I rarely pay attention to the opposing teams in the Gryffindor matches." She said giving her an apologetic look. "Yup, I play seeker for my team." Taylor said as she pointed to herself proudly. "I tried out for chaser first since I figured that it’s where all the excitement would be, with scoring and such, but the captain put me on seeker instead in view of the fact that I'm small, fast and have a sharp eye for detail." Taylor told her with a slight chuckle. "I tried for the team in my third year too." She added.

Taylor then realized that she never knew how old Charlotte was. She didn't seem to be more than maybe a 5th or 6th year but with the fact that Taylor was much shorter than the average person, thus making her perception for age a little different, she decided to ask. "What year are you in anyway?"
Back to top Go down
MissTemper

MissTemper

PostSubject: Re: What to do? ((CLOSED))   What to do? ((CLOSED)) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2007 3:26 pm

She listened intently as Taylor told her about being seeker and how she had tried out in her third year. She must be really good if they accepted her when she was in her third year. she thought with interest. When Taylor had asked her what year she was in, she almost laughed. Here they were, just met, houses apparent enemies-and they didn't even have the slightest idea how old they were.

"Well...I'm a 7th year, short for my age." she explained in case the idea that she was 17 confused Taylor. Wrinkling her nose in mock annoyance at her height, and then smiling a little again, asked, "How about you?"
Back to top Go down
Taylor Hyde

Taylor Hyde

PostSubject: Re: What to do? ((CLOSED))   What to do? ((CLOSED)) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2007 10:00 pm

When she asked Charlotte how old she was she couldn't help but notice that she almost laughed. "Well...I'm a 7th year, short for my age." She said, explaining her amusement in the subject. "How about you?" This time it was Taylor's turn to suppress laughter. "I'm 15... Well technically 14 but I’ll be 15 on the 13th." She said with a grin. "It’s good to finally find someone else who's short and doesn't look their age. We could start a club for the vertically challenged! We could call it RSVCPA." She continued as she laughed at the stupidity of her own joke.
Back to top Go down
MissTemper

MissTemper

PostSubject: Re: What to do? ((CLOSED))   What to do? ((CLOSED)) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2007 10:43 pm

This time, Charlotte didn't even bother to smother her laughter. She grinned at Taylor and said,

"As long as the club gets jackets, I'm in!" Imagining how they would sign up for the club she laughed again, "Can you just imagine the Head of Houses' faces when we tell them what we plan to do?" she pretended to straighten herself up and said in a serious voice, "Hello, Professor, I would like to start a club for the vertically challenged..." she shook her head, giggling to herself. "I should introduce you to my sister some time, actually. We may be fraternal, but she's my height. We'll need a secretary after all."
Back to top Go down
Taylor Hyde

Taylor Hyde

PostSubject: Re: What to do? ((CLOSED))   What to do? ((CLOSED)) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2007 4:05 pm

"As long as the club gets jackets, I'm in!" Taylor laughed at the idea and laughed harder when Charlotte imitated asking a professor to start the club. "I should introduce you to my sister some time, actually. We may be fraternal, but she's my height. We'll need a secretary after all." Charlotte said after giggling to herself. "Yeah, your sister could be the secretary, we would be co-founders, and if we actually did ask a teacher it would have to be professor Flitwick. I mean if any teacher would head a club for the vertically challenged its him." Taylor said as she laughed and continued. "And as for jackets we could have silver and green trim on the collar, red and gold trim around the waist and blue and bronze and black and yellow for the cuffs. All thats left is a base colour." For a brief moment Taylor couldn't believe they were actually talking about a club for the vertically challenged. It was a fun and laughable idea but what would they do? If they were actually going to start this club they would have to think of an activity that would make it club worthy for a professor and would attract other students to join. The more Taylor thought about this the more the club seemed unlikely to even start. After the laughter died down a little Taylor decided to voice this opinion.
Back to top Go down
MissTemper

MissTemper

PostSubject: Re: What to do? ((CLOSED))   What to do? ((CLOSED)) Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2007 3:04 pm

"Good point about flitwick, and the base color should probably just be white-I think that's the only color left!" she chuckled. She thought for a moment when Taylor had said how they would need an activity to make the club 'believable'. "How about...we make up a game where the vertically challenged have an advantage or something?" she scratched her head, wondering how difficult this idea was going to end up being.

((Sorry if you haven't actually said anything yet... XD))
Back to top Go down
Taylor Hyde

Taylor Hyde

PostSubject: Re: What to do? ((CLOSED))   What to do? ((CLOSED)) Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2007 8:55 am

"How about...we make up a game where the vertically challenged have an advantage or something?" Charlotte said as she scratched her head. Then Taylor thought of it. It wasn't much, they would have to think of more activities later, but this one would do for now. "What about limbo? You have to be short to win at that game... well short, balanced and flexible." she suggested as she laughed at idea.

((That's fine Lol, I meant to say it. Smile))
Back to top Go down
MissTemper

MissTemper

PostSubject: Re: What to do? ((CLOSED))   What to do? ((CLOSED)) Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2007 2:03 pm

"That's a brilliant idea! So, during the club, we play limbo...and...leap frog! And then at the end of the year we challenge the other clubs to see if they can beat us. And if we win they can't call us short for the remainder of the school year." All of the words left the brunette's mouth very fast, as her brain began processing the idea. This was becoming quite an intriguing plan. "Do you think they would like hide-and-go-seek, too? Because we can fit into smaller places."
Back to top Go down
Taylor Hyde

Taylor Hyde

PostSubject: Re: What to do? ((CLOSED))   What to do? ((CLOSED)) Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2007 11:28 am

"That's a brilliant idea! So, during the club, we play limbo...and...leap frog! And then at the end of the year we challenge the other clubs to see if they can beat us. And if we win they can't call us short for the remainder of the school year." Charlotte said very fast. "Do you think they would like hide-and-go-seek, too? Because we can fit into smaller places." Taylor thought about all this for a moment. This club was probably one of the most pointless things she'd thought of but she had to admit the club had good potential to be fun with all the randomness it would have and hey, maybe she would meet someone who could help her pull up her marks in certain classes. "Yeah, hide and seek sounds like fun, I am quite a good hider. I have experience from when I try to avoid people." she said as she laughed. "Hmm, maybe we should go find your sister and tell her about this now. If she's gonna be our secretary then were gonna need her to write all this down so that we don't forget anything."
Back to top Go down
MissTemper

MissTemper

PostSubject: Re: What to do? ((CLOSED))   What to do? ((CLOSED)) Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2007 6:08 pm

"All right, she's probably down in the kitchens as it's 'snack time'." Her blue eyes sparkled as she said, "It's a genetics thing, we're pretty much always hungry, and always eat like we haven't eaten in days-even if the last time we ate was a few hours ago. Thank heavens for fast metabolisms, though." Charlotte stood up and offered her hand to Taylor. "Have you ever been in the kitchens before?" She thought back onto her first time in the kitchens. It had been her first year, of course, the first month in fact. Her uncle George had told her about it, and she had dragged her sister with her, of course. As soon as they had entered, the house elves had greeted the 'young Wheezys' with joy, saying that it had been a few years since Weasleys had visited the kitchens. Charlotte found that hard to believe, but maybe the house elves memories weren't as good as they once were.
Back to top Go down
Taylor Hyde

Taylor Hyde

PostSubject: Re: What to do? ((CLOSED))   What to do? ((CLOSED)) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2007 8:53 am

"All right, she's probably down in the kitchens as it's 'snack time'." Charlotte stated "It's a genetics thing, we're pretty much always hungry, and always eat like we haven't eaten in days-even if the last time we ate was a few hours ago. Thank heavens for fast metabolisms, though." She continued as she offered Taylor her hand. "Have you ever been in the kitchens before?" Taylor thought about her first time in the kitchen, it had been in her second year. She'd done lots of exploring in the castle and had found many places other students didn't know about. But of course she had to expect that Charlotte would know most if not all the places she'd discovered seeing as she was a Weasley. This were probably the type of knowledge passed on to the younger generation in families. "Yeah, I've been there a few times. Haven't been there this year yet though." Taylor said as she accepted Charlotte's hand and started towards the kitchens.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What to do? ((CLOSED))   What to do? ((CLOSED)) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What to do? ((CLOSED))
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Echos of the Past :: Hogwarts Grounds :: The courtyard-
Jump to: